View Single Post
Old 21-05-02, 06:09 PM   #23
spstn
No Nonsense Nonsense

Default Hi there Harbinger

The point is not to avoid the writing of files to the folder but to see if the trojan try to overwrite the folder already there. If it does may be could be stopped from doing so. Some programs ask during installation about folders already there and need an OK to proceed. I don't think this one does that. But anyways, this worm is more bothersome than worrisome. The host file trick should work fine, though.

I posted the info about GoBack for a few minutes and then re-edited the post and left only two tiny Oks. The post was so watered down to comply with the forum netiquette that didn't make much sense.
Do a google search for GoBack or Roxio and go from there. No matter how exagerated their claims sound, in reality it works better. Just go to the knowledgebase in the support section and look for any incompatibility with your rig. Other than that you can't go wrong.

Ps.: Offended ? Are you kidding me?; the last line about the difference between the two file types depleted my brain of serotonin for the foreseeable future...

Last edited by spstn : 21-05-02 at 06:19 PM.
spstn is offline   Reply With Quote