View Single Post
Old 11-02-03, 01:17 AM   #4
assorted
WAH!

thanks,

all 3 of those seem to support the idea of a 'private' p2p... but none of them seem to support multisourcing... well; at least none of them are touting it on their websites...

btw; here's what i wanna set up...

naz has wanted for some time to set up some form of server for underground/cult/foreign films..

personally, the only quality i really care about when it comes to online movies is dvd rips at about 1.5 gigs a movie (thanks dumwaldo for showing me the light!). that's too giant a pain in the ass on 1 persons connection...

but not 4 or 5 or 10 peoples connections. i'm thinking i get together a few likeminded peeps who like more esoteric films and then host say 5-10 movies every two weeks or so. the 5-10 movies would be shared by 5-10 cable folks; so the downloads would be speedy as shit. (even if it was just me and naz and 1 other person i know serving that would make a download for 1 person be like 120k off our 3 connections). that makes a gig and a half download more appealing to me.

furthermore, i think the future of p2p is in 'private' p2p clubs like this.. which is also why i'm curious.