View Single Post
Old 09-09-04, 04:19 PM   #17
legion
I took both pills.

@mazer you said :' Why do people make bad decisions when they've been provided with ample wisdom beforehand'

Please don't tell me you mean the bible with this. Isn't the TRUTH always found within ones own religion? I think you get my drift here, different relions different 'bibles' all parties are claiming that 'theirs' is the only 'God' there is.

you said:' I would argue that he gave us advice in the form of commandments'

Great .... didn't he also drowned the world population with a flood didn't his followers (moses) killed their peers for building an icon? whipe out all the first born sons of egypt? i don't think it is a wise thing to drag the bible into this, for it shows that god isn't a nice being

@miss silver i think albed lacks the ability to feel empathy for those who's sons and/or daughters got killed in Iraq coz he knows of no one close to him that is under any threat over there and since he has no clue to what impact a war zone can have on someone it is pretty easy for him to shoot his mouth off.

On the otherhand the war might be injust to you (and with the international law book in your hand you are right) i don't think there was an alternative either. If a country might form a danger to Canada i don't believe your goverment would just sit by to see what will happen....... i am pretty sure Canada would act. As America did, Russia did or the Netherlands Would if we/you were threatend.

However i do remember before the war in Iraq started George W. read a letter from a ten year old girl or something that he could have her dad for his war on national television. This got me wondering who is worse Hamas or .......well???