View Single Post
Old 22-04-03, 09:07 PM   #19
assorted
WAH!

Quote:
Originally posted by Dawn
I pay for my cable TV service, and off that, I can watch or record any movie, show, or music segment I want.
you're making a moral arguement, not a legal arguement.

legally, believe it or not, that's illegal. i'm not sure HOW illegal, and they'd never dare sue you over it. but by letter fo the law, it's illegal. they had a tv executive on the stand a while ago saying with a straight face that avoiding commercials by getting up and going to the bathroom was illegal. he may or may not be right, but taping movies from HBO certainly is.

and that's my point. your politicians, judges, cops and friendly corporations all call it theft. sure, you can say its not theft. but law is decided by the former, not by you. your just making a moral decision in reference to your own personal behavior.

ps: is it just me or is kazaa starting to suck? the last 4-5 times i've tried to grab something fast i've gotten 'more sources needed' or 'remotely queued'... it used to be a lot better for me; i'd just get whatever app i needed fast and be outta there. now i'm failing more then succeeding.
assorted is offline   Reply With Quote