View Single Post
Old 22-04-03, 12:59 PM   #1
assorted
WAH!

Default How are we stealing shit?

Oh! oopsie! sorry mr. spratts i mean sharing. :P

me? i'm using:

soulseek - there are many things that suck about soulseek. it's memory usage for example (according to luv it's memory hoggishness persists after you close it until reboot - BAD SOULSEEK! BAD). and currently the server is crashing more often then drunk drivers on new years eve.

but with this kind of community and file base; who gives a fuck? soulseek is the only option if yer interests drift toward indie, college, or back catalogue alternative. and that's not to mention electronic/techno/dance/etc, which is why it exists after all.

unixpunx - thanks to fantom for turning me on to these guys. GIGS of punk on there ftp. whoohooo! they request you keep to only an album a day. thaz cool. i can only listen to 1 new album a day anyways. to get a ftp u/p just go there and sign up. your signup name and pass is then your ftp u/p. i'm not direct linking cuz i got a feeling the admin here is a pussy (giggle), but mr. google certainly knows where it is if your common sense fails.

as for goody-goody warez,etc... well, i happily own everything i want right now. but naz has turned me on to...

bittorrent - bittorrent is just really cool. i get excited using it, like when i first started using IRC. suprnova .org is a pretty cool place to get links to torrent. and http://bitconjurer.org/BitTorrent/ is a good place to get the proggie itself.

this is pretty much new release only due to its inherent setup; but with new releases like these, who needs old shit? though i just said its new release, i'm actually grabbing tony hawk pro skater 2 for dreamcast right now on it at a lovely 80k with no initial wait. viva la torrent! (oh; it's also pretty neat for television and movies; in fact; it seems to be a tv movie app specialty thingie - pity my welfare computers can't do video, eh?)

for older stuff i'm still using kazaa and direct connect. but i haven't needed anything in ages. if i did direct connect again i'd probably have to dig around for a while to find the best program to be running; and then i gotta find a server (sigh!). that's too much work for somethin for nuthin! hehe.
assorted is offline   Reply With Quote