View Single Post
Old 25-03-02, 04:11 PM   #4
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Wink Re: Looking for WinMX tips please

Hi fogelbise, nice work, I'm sure many WinMX users are glad to get tips in a compiled form!

Here are some comments:

Quote:
Originally posted by fogelbise
-warming it up by doing a common/popular search first. i may have gotten a few more results doing this but not sure if i would have gotten those new ones anyway.
Warm-up searches are useful only on WPNP (WinMX Peer Networking Protocol) where they seem to expand the visible peer space, in other words get you better connected. On OpenNap servers the servers hold complete lists of shared libraries and those lists change only as new users jump in and old ones jump out.

Quote:
Originally posted by fogelbise
-same user keeps coming back: busy(queuable) after repeated tries to "enter queue" by right clicking. (means i am being "ignored?" with ignore function? or server problem?)
This happens when a user at the other end has initiated manually more uploads than his/her max uploads limit is. In this state WinMX does not take any more songs into its queue even if it falsely reports songs being queable. The situation returns back to normal and the queuing succeeds again when the number of ongoing transfers equals the max uploads limit.

- tg
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote