View Single Post
Old 19-03-02, 07:24 AM   #3
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Wink

First of all, welcome aboard guys and enjoyable stay at Napsterites Underground to you both!

Quote:
Originally posted by colinmacc
I see the possibility for a show network existing though, we just need some way of securing the supernodes, and disabling the hidden link to Kazaa forever. However I do feel that intrinsic within the Morpheus client is the potential for external tampering, so if iMorpheus is ever to have a future someone needs to reverse engineer the client and publish the source.
Good points. There is surely the possibility to neuter any particular Morpheus version from the backdoors and control holes that Kazaa has left there but I am starting to doubt whether it is really worth the effort. Rather than guessing what tricks Kazaa will play next through the supernodes under its control it might be better to leave the commercial FastTrack network altogether and focus on safer and spyware-free open source solutions. This also seems to be the conclusion of giFT developers who are currently focusing their efforts on OpenFT protocol and clients on their new SourceForge site.

- tg
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote