View Single Post
Old 01-09-05, 09:06 PM   #24
goldie
yea, it's me.

Sorry Albed but I like to think of something intelligent to say rather than spew anal sewage out of my mouth like you do.

I reiterate what I posted earilier in that i am not a political debater in the least. Right and wrong decisions have nothing to do with a particular political party and as one hurricane survivor said to press - it's not black thing or a white thing - it's a people thing.

I'm a humanitarian and would probably be called a liberal because of it, so be it.

Louisiana, Mississippi and parts of Alabama don't care about political parties or political agendas they simply want help now. Louisiana tried to get help in the past through the levee projects and the Corp of Engineers but the decision was made to cut the budget despite the Corps own protests (and proof of the dangers a major hurricanes effects) and that of its' citizens - that's the bottom line.

I guess it's easier to blame the drug addicted, poor, welfare poor, mentally ill or whatever "have-nots" you can throw in there for being in Louisiana, Miss., or Alabama.

As for Bush-blaming (for those who would call it such), I don't see one single person blaming a natural disaster on poor Mr. Bush. What I do see and hear (and it's there for all to see in the media) is blaming Mr. Bush and his administration for the not-so-wise decisions that they make and continue to make.

For ANY part of the U.S. to be compared to a 3rd world country by foreign countries is a disgrace and abomination. For anyone to still blame these people for not getting out when they had a chance is cruel and thoughtless.

It amazes me that the pro-Bush folks are in denial about this administration and no matter how many poor decisions that Mr. Bush and his cronies make. it will forever be lost on those that fail to see.

The bottom line is this administration didn't (and still doesn't) care what humanitarian services it cuts in order to fund the money trap so commonly called The War On Terror or for the support of big business.

Boston Globe (need subscription i think) -
National Guard
By Bryan Bender

Quote:
The equipment the Guard needs to help in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina is in shorter supply because the gear is in use in combat zones, is battle-damaged, or has been loaned to cover gaps in other units, the officials said. The National Guard Bureau estimates that its nationwide equipment availability rate is 35 percent, about half the normal level, according to Pentagon statistics.

''In the four years since 9/11 that we have been at war, equipment has been beaten up, blown up, or simply left behind," said John Goheen of the National Guard Association of the United States. ''States have had to borrow equipment and make do with a lot less equipment. We are short literally thousands of Humvees."

Meanwhile, in Louisiana and Mississippi, the states hit hardest by the hurricane, up to 40 percent of their National Guard troops are on active duty in Iraq. As a result, Guard commanders responding to the storm's havoc have been forced to look further afield for military police and other National Guard units and equipment from states as far away as Maryland, stealing precious time from the relief efforts.
But we all know that already don't we.......

As some of the worlds press sees it - some of which touches on U.S.'s part in the global warming problem:

BBC

I guess it's far too much to ask for if this president were to admit perhaps he made an error by cutting hurricane preparedness for the Gulf Coast. Probably an even farther stretch for him and his adminstration to offer an apology.

but i'll apologize for not being a real debater.

Last edited by goldie : 02-09-05 at 10:24 AM.
goldie is offline   Reply With Quote