View Single Post
Old 01-09-05, 08:38 PM   #23
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Quote:
oh yeah, the situation looks well in hand. those darn New Orleans Emergency Management officials just don't seem to be able keep an open mind:
Yes, given the severe nature of the storm the emergency response efforts are good. Normally, it takes at least 72 hours for emergency services to start kicking in after a major disaster. Plan ahead thinking significantly lessened that in part because some emergency services were waiting in nearby areas until the storm passed. We are just slightly beyond the 72 hour point on the hurricane landfall, and emergency services already have a good start.

I DID NOT say "things are well in hand". Of course they are not - this is only the third day following hurricane Katrina making landfall in Louisiana. Recovery from a natural disaster of this magnitude is not going to happen in a few days, or even a few weeks.

I DID say you can't expect "overnight miracles" which means there is no expedient solution. The solution takes efforts that can not be accomplished in a short period of time.

The "open mind" issue I mentioned is not aimed toward emergency services, and is clearly delineated.

It is a certainty that the efforts of the emergency services personnel (including the President and Federal Government) are more likely to result in actual disaster relief than political innuendo and bitching.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote