Thread: Fear Factor
View Single Post
Old 22-03-05, 01:38 PM   #27
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer
Propaganda is definitly out there but it's just an other face in the crowd not very effective, especially not from a historical viewpoint.
I disagree with the propaganda not being very effective, it has proven itself to be very effective until recently in my opinion. Problem is the further we move to a global society the less effective it will become or the government will have to change up the game. –“ Media omissions, distortion, inaccuracy and bias in the US is something acknowledged by many outside the USA, and is slowly realized more and more inside the US. However, due to those very same omissions, distortion, inaccuracy and the bias in the US mainstream media, it is difficult for the average American citizen to obtain an open, objective view of many of the issues that involve the United States (and since the United States is the largest economic and military power in the world, they are naturally involved in many issues!).

From a political angle, for a nation to remain strong, it has historically needed the support of its people, including those who are not in power and those who are exploited. A level of conformity is also required, even if it is quite loose, to not only allow people to live together in society, but also, for powerholders, to more predictably deal with its citizens.” –

Many US policies, especially foreign policies, have come under much sharp criticism from around the world as well as from various segements within American society. As a result, some fear that they are running the risk of alienating themselves from the rest of the world.

Quote:
Everyone has the right to freedom of opinion and expression; this right includes freedom to hold opinions without interference and to seek, receive and impart information and ideas through any media and regardless of frontiers.
— Article 19, United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights
Someone once said that a person's perception of reality is a result of their beliefs.

When you have a large free society you have to be able to control in someways how people think, always have.
Cont – Later…….

Need to find a link.