Thread: July 3rd
View Single Post
Old 02-07-05, 02:54 AM   #1
floydian slip
===\/------/\===

Default July 3rd

Its been 11 years since that wonderfilled night in Madison WI. The night I saw Pink Floyd. I havent been the same since in a good way. July 3 has always been a meaningful time for me.

July 3 1971 Jim Morrison dies.

July 3 1988, I take acid for the first time, take the Metro to downtown Chicago and gather with 1,000,000,000 strangers for free fireworks. Chaos ensued but it was all smiles.

July 3 1989, Taste of Chicago again but this time just booze, i past out on a blanket before it got dark. I wake up to an explosion with a drunk bitch pointing at me saying I saw him do it. I get falsely arrested during the fireworks half asleep and thrown in a paddy wagon in 90* heat with angry black people. Luckily I wasnt fucked with. I was underaged and drunk but I was cleared in court becuase they only charged me with the fireworks and i had witnesses to proove i did not do the fireworks.

July 3 1992 is when that pic of me with the red hat and the yellow fractal glasses was taken. I was on liquid acid at the time. Camping out an having fun.

July 3 1994 Pink Floyd (the last time I took mushrooms) Freaked out in a good way. Found inner peace and god and total awareness. I even quit drinking for a week. Its like it cant ever be topped.

July 7 1997 My car drives itself through a grocery store window while doing my paper route. No charges.

July 6 2000, Roger Waters Show in Chicago

July 5 2002 I quit smoking ciggarettes.

July 3 2004 I fianlly get to see the doors (in Chicago) allbeit without Mr Mojorison.

July 2005 and I have survived... in a month I will be 35
Point Me at the Sky - Pink Floyd

waste D:\Rips (napsterite approved)\Pink Floyd

July 3 2005 I will be hanging out in Missouri with the guy next to me in the picture holding the beer and joint. He now has a wife and 2 kids (and a boat) I have known him since 5th grade.

I wish you all a great and happy 4th of July weekend.

floydian slip is offline   Reply With Quote