View Single Post
Old 01-08-01, 09:04 AM   #7
Trippynet

Last time I tried, Morpheus was actually allowing searches of MP3s greater than 128K which is a damn good thing seeing as my collection of MP3s are almost all 192K MP3s, with a few 128K OGGs in there as well.

One of the main limiting factors with Morpheus/KaZaA, is the silly limit of 100 search results. Particulaly when hunting for say all music videos by one band, this 100 limit quickly becomes a big problem. It also means that for a lot of things, you get more hits with WinMX because the only limits on WinMX are individual limits on OpenNap servers, and no limit on WPNP. For OpenNap servers, quite a lot of the larger networks have 200-300 file limits and the smaller ones usually have about a 100 limit on files. Therefore, if you hunt for something dead popular such as "Nirvana, MP3, all bitrates", you can quickly have many thousands of hits thrown at you.

As I've said before, I mainly use AudioGalaxy for queueing MP3s and searching for rare MP3s as it has the widest range available. I sometimes use Morpheus for queueing MP3s, and I use WinMX all other times.

Dave!!