View Single Post
Old 25-03-04, 08:18 PM   #5
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Default Re: I really don't know

Quote:
Originally posted by CORRUPTERBUSTER
I think the reason for the whole thing had to do with me denying my internet provider access to my computer, because of firewalls. With Norton personal firewall when you get an attack on your computer you get a pop up that informs you of this attack and you get the option to deny or to grant them access I always wanted to know who was snooping around so before I would do anything I would run a trace and it would show it was my own provider.

I had learned months before that my internet provider was doing checks of customers computers for Illegal downloading software and a few people I know showed me the letters that they had gotten and it said they had illegal software on their computer and if they did not remove this illegal software that their internet service would be shut down. Now I asked my friends how did they find out, did they call you, did they come to your house, how did they find out? All of them said, they didn’t know, but I knew how they did it.
The internet provider was doing program scans which is legal, and I will bet you that when they couldn’t get into my computer I went on a list and that is what brought the first visit, and after that came the cops, but the warrant did not give them permission to turn on my computer and see what software I was running, it only granted them to view what was in the closet. So I hope that this answered your questions.
not really....

maybe it's just me but i'm still not getting this...

program scans? you mean your isp going through your computer remotely to see what software you have on it? where is this legal?

and in order to get a warrant, there has to be reasonable suspicion a crime has occurred...you're saying your isp is capable of getting a judge to authorize a search warrant based on their inability to look at into your closet, which was predicated by their being unable to view the contents of your hard drive?

they should have given you a copy of the warrant, no? i'd like to see that....and who is your isp?
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote