View Single Post
Old 04-03-06, 03:06 PM   #34
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Well, I've made numerous credit card payments above $3000.00 within the last year. Not even one of the payments was delayed for any reason. Creditors that do not apply my payments to my accounts promptly lose my business.

I made a credit card payment well over $3000.00 within the last week. Sooooooo why am I not being given a clandestine location grilling by Homeland Security right now????

The reporting rules I am familiar with involve reporting transactions made in currency. Paying bills by check is not a currency transaction and is therefore not within reporting guidelines.

I recently withdrew a lot more than $3000.00 in currency to purchase some precious metals. This is above the reporting threshold - but I still got the money instantly, and made the purchases I wanted. The government probably knows I withdrew the funds and the next day exchanged the currency for precious metals. No Home Security men in black showed up. What I did was perfectly legal all the way.

I know several people who used to have JC Penney accounts. They no longer have JC Penney accounts because of the stunts pulled on them. One person I know even sued JC Penney and TRW Credit Data for false information on his credit report regarding a JC Penney charge account - and won.

The experience that Walter Soehnge had was simply JC Penney pulling one of it's stunts with an unsuspecting client debtor. My advice to him is to tell JC Penney to stuff it and pay off the account any (legal) way possible, close the account, and never do business with JC Penney again.

Here is my Centennial Bank experience: I operated a small sporting goods store and had a business account with Centennial Bank. The branch in question was in Castro Valley, California. One day, I went to make the daily deposit, which happened to include ten $100.00 bills. The teller claimed the $100.00 bills were counterfeit. I looked all the bills over very carefully and noted that all the security measures that I could detect were present. My response to the teller was “bullshit”. I told the teller that “whereas I am not an expert on identification of counterfeit currency these bills seem to exhibit the security measures I know about and can detect. If these are counterfeit, they are good counterfeits, and the government must be alerted. Call them. NOW”. They gave me a bunch of bullshit about having to send the bills to the Secret Service. I made them give me a receipt for the bills, including the serial numbers of the bills. Two weeks went by and no word from the bank, so I went down to the bank to inquire in person. I was told that the Secret Service had authenticated the bills as genuine, and that they had received the bills back. I asked them if they deposited the money into my business account. The answer was no. I was steaming HOT. I took the bills, along with the rest of the money the business had in that bank and closed all the accounts the business had there.

I have no training or special knowledge in detection of counterfeit currency. That bank probably handles in one day more currency than I have seen in my lifetime. They are supposed to be in tune with anti-counterfeiting measures. Yet, they were less qualified than me in authenticating genuine U.S. currency? I really don’t think so. They sat on $1000 for two weeks and got free use of the funds. It was a bullshit game and they lost.

Whereas we must always be on guard for unreasonable actions by the government, making up stories and/or embellishing a true story to make it serve a political purpose is simply irresponsible - and that goes for any “side” in the effort. It just spreads disinformation and is counter-productive to the quest for a more responsible government.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote