View Single Post
Old 04-03-06, 01:38 AM   #29
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Sometimes bank employees do stupid things. I have had a few bad experiences in that area. In this case, the bank lied to the person or the story is bogus.

I have recently made similar payments, even larger than that. Nobody delayed or witheld payments from reaching my accounts and nobody from Homeland Security appeared.

Loans of money by commercial lenders, including mortgage loans are sometimes monitored by Homeland Security. There is no reason for Homeland Security to monitor payments to credit accounts unless the source of the funds is questionable. Purchases of certain things with a credit card may also be subject to monitoring. For example, it would not be advisable to purchase (or attempt to purchase) large quantities of ammonium nitrate. Purchases with large amounts of currency may be subject to scrutiny, especially if the cash transaction is $10,000.00 or more.

This is not about government snooping. This is just the bank (JC Penny in this case) enjoying an extra period of "float" by coming up with some bullshit. They make some excuse to sit on the money before crediting the payment to the account. The bank gets the interest on the payment money, and then continues to charge the victim interest on the credit account balance. It's a game that some credit card companies play. They get away with it unless the consumer stands up for him/her self.

JC Penny is notorious for stunts like this, but there are others that do the same thing and pull other stunts.

The best thing to do is raise hell with the credit company, close the account and never do business with them again.

Other companies I have known to pull similar shady stunts include Centennial Bank, MBNA, Citi, and Discover. I used to have accounts with these companies but they played similar games with me, so I closed the accounts.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote