Old 13-06-01, 04:49 PM   #5
TankGirl
Madame Comrade

Wink Re: The Newspaper Shop -- Wednesday edition

Thanks again WT!

Quote:
Originally posted by walktalker
New Tool Will Expose Security-Slacker ISPs
The problem of denial of service attacks could be solved overnight if Internet service providers cleaned up their act, a security gadfly said Tuesday. Steve Gibson, president of Gibson Research Corp., is developing a free tool that will hold ISP's feet to the fire if they have not implemented a security technique known as "egress filtering." Gibson's utility, which will be called Spoofarino, enables Internet users to test whether their ISPs allow them to send forged or "spoofed" packets of data to Gibson's Web site.
http://www.newsbytes.com/news/01/166814.html
For anybody interested in internet security matters I highly recommend Steve Gibson's The Strange Tale of the Denial Of Service Attacks. "I believe you will be as fascinated and concerned as I am by the findings of my post-attack forensic analysis, and the results of my subsequent infiltration into the networks and technologies being used by some of the Internet's most active hackers." Gibson delivers what he promises - and at the end of the story you will find some easy instructions on how to check that you don't have IRC Zombie/Bots (used in many DOS attacks) on your own computer!

- tg
TankGirl is offline   Reply With Quote