View Single Post
Old 25-03-02, 08:49 PM   #8
AweShucks
Just Looking Around

Quote:
Originally posted by Scyth

I also don't want, and will do everything I can to remove, any spyware on my system. In the case of LimeWire (and most other p2p clients), all this means is unchecking a few boxes in the installation program. Personally, I wish companies would stop bundling spyware since no one who understand what their doing would install it.

I feel differently, however, about third-party libraries whose sole purpose is to process advertisements in the same way a web-browser does.

Sadly it is true. There are people out there that have little understanding of what they are installing. The 3rd party "spyware" companies also do not clearly state the purpose of the programs as well. Often someone who thinks they know what they are doing actually believe they are getting something really special
Fact is that spyware is reaching a breaking point with users of free programs. Early programs didn't even have the check or uncheck option for spyware. Some still don't But it don't really matter anymore people are just getting sick of it. Maybe some remember early versions of Filenav which showed ads. No one really cared but after Spyware became "standard" people don't give a hoot if it is clean or not anymore.
AweShucks is offline   Reply With Quote