View Single Post
Old 28-02-02, 03:24 AM   #7
Snarkridden
OpenNap Server Operator

Brows Guilty?

Quote...

after loading snarks' list you'll need to rt. click on each opennap server line and change the user name to your own. then they'll connect. i had to change the file name back to openapconfig.dat, for some reason it was missing a few letters.

You don't need to go through all that Js, just open up SETTINGS
Select OpenNap Networks: Enter your own user name and pass then press RESET all Server Login button... Bingo should do it all

I may be guilty of slightly misleading you in the text file IMPORTANT, that was a file that come out first off BEFORE I set the default user-name and was sending out MY details, so it needs to be re-written, probably kick out a new more comprehensive version with the new update, I just replaced the config info in the zip archive, forgot to replace the text file...

As for some characters missing? thats odd, I'll check Js, thanks for the heads up.

Final note, 22 of those servers are still working for me, and have run 48 hours so far, and to take up the point made by POD

Yes, i've started to convert over to the textural address rather than the IP where such information comes to hand.

Its all early days, ideally i'd like to establish what compress method they use for the config.dat files, so it could be created in plain text, edited and then re-compressed.

Thats a job for you Script whizzes out there?

Snark.
Snarkridden is offline   Reply With Quote