Thread: Plan Of Attack
View Single Post
Old 19-04-04, 07:29 PM   #2
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

it must get tiring for people like Condi Rice and Colin Powell....every time a new book comes out (seems like it's monthly anymore), it's minions like them that get trotted out for the Sunday morning talk shows to defend Bush. wonder if they ever wake up on a nice Sunday morning and think, "fuck this silly bullshit - i wanna go golfing today, not hang out with Tim Russert for the umpteenth time, defending this mess".

but the revelations keep on coming - tidbits in Woodward's book include the following:

Quote:
Other allegations are that the White House made a secret deal with Saudi Arabia for lower oil prices before this November's election...
that would dovetail nicely with the current record level gas prices - i'd bet money gas comes down in time for the election, for whatever reason.

Quote:
...and that the Bush team secretly used $700m (£390m) of funds earmarked in 2002 for Afghanistan to prepare for an attack on Iraq.
think soldiers heading to Afghanistan, having to buy their own flack jackets.

Quote:
Among the most controversial points are the claim that Mr Bush decided to go to war in early January 2003, rather than not making up his mind until almost the eve of the invasion, and evidence that relations between General Powell and Dick Cheney, the Vice-President and arch-hawk on Iraq, were so bad that the two were hardly on speaking terms.
the neo-cons hate Powell anyway...if Bush gets re-elected, you can color him gone. but what a book he could write, no?

http://news.independent.co.uk/world/...p?story=513266
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote