View Single Post
Old 31-07-01, 11:26 PM   #5
JackSpratts

gnucleus' search results are consistently stratospheric, regardless of their ultimate destination, but i was a bit surprised by your winmx - morpheus comparo.

i've been testing - and posting - run offs between the two for months and morpheus almost always gets TROUNCED by winmx. i'm not using any open nap servers here. to keep it fair, it's wpnp vs morpheus' p2p.

for example, tonight (right now) audio only, Janet Jackson:

Morpheus 57

WinMx 4054!

btw, with the opennaps added it was another 3500 files for winmx.

my conclusion thus far is that the supernode system comes at price of tremendously reduced returns but that also (and i find this interesting) your returns themselves may depend on your system, ie cpu/bandwidth. when i posted some U2 results on zeropad i heard from a few different people who told me about their wildly divergent results (but Consistently divergent), while others more closely resembled mine.

the upside to morpheus, and its' one saving grace in a house of bad manners, is its' delivery. we may talk about community, connectivity and global interrelationships but if that app doesn't d/l our tune we'll just keep dialing 'till we find one that does. and at the end of the day, at the end of This Day, that app is morpheus.

- js.