View Single Post
Old 31-07-01, 06:03 AM   #2
Yeah-I-Did-It

Going to have to disagree. Sorry! Gnutella may give more results but it also has several trade offs. Difficult to learn for the newbee. Insane bandwidth usage for nothing limits it solely to broadband. Its out but of use when all else fails.
Audiognome well here is another problem to get good results you have to really search for other Ag users to get alot of the unpublished servers. "Ag auto updates the servers from other Ag users" I find good results for almost everything I look for no matter what it is. But I also have about 150 unpublished servers outside Napigators list as well as the PNN connections.
Now there is winmx. Depending on what I look for I often get more results from it than I do opennap but I also have a few of my own tricks that I found work well to improve searches. Nice thing here is one connection no hassle ready to go. Unlike Ag and Gnutella. I have also noticed that file quality is often better on the WPNP than opennap "newer codecs encoded with Lame or Fhg producer pro" = simply better files!
Moreover I believe it is not the program but more so that people are now split up and not all in one place. That is why many use multiple programs for downloading. Sometimes you have to jump networks to get what you want. Newbees tend to flock to the easy to use networks Audiogalaxy / Morpheus+Kazaa which also provide good content but interfaces suck compared to Ag and WinmX.
My favorites are Audiognome Winmx and when all else fails Kazaa. But that is me and what I look for while the next user may have another choice of programs. It all comes down too preference and what you look for. Nice thing is now we have plenty to choose from with more programs and networks showing up every week!!