View Single Post
Old 20-04-02, 07:23 AM   #39
Spikologia

Thanks for all your comments, guys.
Thinking on things pointed out by TankGirl and colinmacc I have decided to do some more research, instead of jumping into this project which indeed isn't enough formed at all.

thegame412's comment of Grokster 1.3.3 being able to connect to FastTrack made me realize something - although I couldn't get Grokster 1.3.3 to connect on my computer, it might be able to. Upon first launch, Grokster 1.3.3 tries to connect to the network. It then offers to upgrade to 1.5.1 (Morpheus didn't really offer an upgrade, it just told the users to upgrade without giving any upgrade to download). If you choose "Yes", "GroksterUpdate151.exe" is added to the Download list on the Traffic window. On my pc, Grokster can't connect, and only shows "5 users online". However, in order for an upgrade to happen, Grokster MUST connect, and thegame412 claims it really did, on his computer.
thegame412 - could you please post your Grokster registry settings so I can check 'em out? To do that, go to Start menu, and click "Run...". Type "regedit" (without the qoutes) and hit ENTER. Open the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Grokster "folder" (it's called a "key", actually, but has an icon of a folder) and make sure that you've clicked the Grokster "folder"\"key". Then choose File > Export, choose a name for the file, save it, and post it here. Thanks! Please tell me if you're having any troubles with that.

Also, I've found that KaZaA 1.3.4, released soon after (yes, after) KaZaA 1.4 does connect to FastTrack, although I previously thought it didn't. I don't think that this is because something changed, I probably just did my tests wrong last time.

I'll do some more research and see if this can help us.

And Harbynger - thanks for you invitation. I'll drop by soon
Spikologia is offline   Reply With Quote