View Single Post
Old 01-03-02, 12:08 PM   #1
JackSpratts

Default Morpheus Registry Patch - How To

Warning: Changing your registry can be daunting and dangerous. Do not attempt the following unless you're confident of your skills!

"Step By Step Classic Morpheus Registry Patch Instructions For Windows ME - Fasttrack Client". From
work done by indiana_jones & friends. (May also work for XP & 9x, but I'm not sure.)

Make sure Morpheus is closed completely. If you're not sure, use Ctrl-Alt-Delete.
(Do not include the quotation marks in any of the following entries.)

Go to Start/Run
Type "regedit"
Click OK
Click Edit at top of new screen
Click Find
Type "FirewallStatus" in drop down bar
Click Find Next

This should bring up the FirewallStatus line followed by a number/letter string in your right window,
and under that a line called "network_config" also followed by a long number/letter string, all in sets of two.
This is the target. You need to change the FOURTH set to 05.

Here's how:

Put your pointer on "network_config" and right click
Click Modify
This brings up a grey box
Starting with the sets of two numbers on the first line, count over Four places
With your pointer, Highlight FOURTH number set
Enter (change to) 05.
That's it,
Done!

Start Morpheus. You may need to wait some time for it to reconnect, and you may need to run it few times for it to sort itself out, perhaps over the course of a day or two.

Good-Luck!

Your string will go from something like this: network_config 00 00 00 0d 00 00 00 00 3a 4b 61 41 00 43 6f 6e 65 63 ~etc
...............................................To this: network_config 00 00 00 05 00 00 00 00 3a 4b 61 41 00 43 6f 6e 65 63 ~etc

Please note, all strings are slightly different especially the fourth set. That's normal.
After making your registry entry and running Morpheus, the program
will change the Fourth Set to something else again. That's normal too.

- js.

If anyone sees an error please post it so I can make the correction.
JackSpratts is offline   Reply With Quote