View Single Post
Old 30-07-04, 11:52 AM   #12
Maze
Rebel With A Cause

I had not not downloaded any music, movies, programs or anything in quite a while and I had some friends over last night and we were dying to listen to some Lynyrd Skynyrd ...I had a lot of thier top stuff, but many tunes I didn't have.

So I go to my old proggies and find most had either died or gone on the fritz.

IMesh kept having popups that would close the whole program out making it impossible. (PopUp Killer didn't help) I kept trying to type it in really really fast, hit search and download ...LOL...that was a site. Popped out on me everytime.

Napigator seems to have completely died. It was my favorite because it would connect to all the open nap servers (and independent servers or whatever) and I'd use any one of my old Napster programs to connect to one of them and download just about anything. It would make a huge long list of those servers ...it no longer does. I also used FastSearch by suxxx ...who also seems to have died. That proggie used the same open nap list of servers as Napigator. There have been some problems with my computer latley... (infested with unremovable worms ...probably gonna have to reformat ...major job transferring gigs of stuff to CD ...ug!)...so maybe that's part of the problem.

Anyway... I remembered this thread by Heathcliff and so downloaded WinMX 3.53 last night while my friends were here and immediatly got 320 bitrate songs and Lynyrd Skynyrd - Box Set (3 CD's) ...the last of which is coming in now.

It's a good program and worked for me last night and today ...but I'm not through checking out this P2P-Zone and posts like this and threads like this .

I'll get there.
Maze is offline   Reply With Quote