View Single Post
Old 10-09-04, 04:28 PM   #33
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
I bet Saddam and his sons would disagree with you....well if his rapist, muderous sons were alive that is...........

Nothing? are you sure about that? Is that what you really honestly believe?
....and so every other murderous thug in the world gets to move up one place in line. and why should Syria and Iran worry? we're stretched to the limit in Iraq, not to mention Afghanistan.

as for what i believe, it's what i believed about this from day one - nothing about the war on Iraq justifes the cost. it is an unwinnable, untenable position we are in....and a tragic waste of our country's resources.

btw, if there's a realistic exit strategy, let's hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by albed
One of us is out of contact with reality.
i know but it's actually one of your more interesting characteristics

do the math - 9/11 occurred 9 months after Bush took office in January 2003- by October 2003 we're in Afghanistan. when do you think all those soldiers enlisted? when were the funds appropriated for their training? when was the weapons and technology they used approved, purchased, tested, and deployed? you think all that happened after Bush took office? hardly - budget decisions for all that were made in prior years. for better or worse, the military that Bush deployed in Afghanistan was overwhelmingly the military that Clinton left him.
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote