View Single Post
Old 09-09-04, 09:03 PM   #24
Mazer
Earthbound misfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy boy
If you really meant it about stoping that self proclaimed ''religious rant'' feel free to pm me
Oh, don't get me wrong, I'm not offended in the least and I oppolgize if I came off that way. I can talk about religion from an academic standpoint and I actually quite enjoy it. I know others find it a touchy subject but it takes a lot to get under my skin. Religion is too important to take too seriously.

Being a member of a church that is sometimes quite contraversial I understand these issues. I've heard stories about people becoming Mormons only to be rejected by their families and closest friends, and yet these converts tend to have the strongest testimonies. I was raised by Mormon parents, though they weren't very active in the church and I've had some exposure to other faiths as well, so I've thought about my faith a lot recently. I agree that such a document as the Bible that is so obviously flawed and so open to interpretation can be dangerous, which is why revelation and prophecy is still needed. I get that from the LDS church and from no where else, and that's what it all boils down to for me.

Anyway, people don't seem very receptive to my ideas tonight so I'm really gonna stop this time.
Mazer is offline   Reply With Quote