View Single Post
Old 06-03-06, 10:48 PM   #17
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer
Well I hope you're not refering to me as the king of c&p, but I do have a response.

It certainly is not okay for Americans to torture people, not even prisoners of war. That is why Americans who commit those crimes are punished for them, whereas soldiers from some foreign armies, say the Fedayeen Saddam and the Taliban, were encouraged by their superiors to torture prisoners. Americans aren't innocent, but they have far more conscience than their enemies.

I remember the last American president regularly ordered cruise missile attacks at targets within Iraq all throughout his administration. Iraq was not ignored after the Gulf War, but unfortunatly the president only fired missiles to satisfy his political interests instead of trying to solve the real problems in Iraq.

Syria isn't an Axis of Evil nation, and has actually been much more docile and open to diplomacy since Iraq was invaded. Iran, on the other hand, has been a thorn in America's side for many decades and recently elected a maniacal tyrant as president. These issues go much deeper than the economics of oil.

If I remember correctly that embargo was levied by the UN, not the United States alone. All Saddam had to do was allow UN inspectors in to prove he had no WMD's and wasn't building any and the sanctions would have been lifted; it would have been so easy for him to comply. Appearently he thought it was more important to appear dangerous to other nations than to provide food and medical care for Iraqi citizens, and their blood is on his hands alone.
LoL no, i'm not referring you as the king of cut and paste.

Ironically enough, the USA has been a thorn on Iran side aswell, what can you do about this? As you stated, you believe it has much more to do than the oil, are you so sure of your statement? QUICK QUESTION, do you still believe the lie your gov told you about those so called WMD that have never been found? Wait!!!, they will say that those weapons have been hidden in Iran, wouldn't be surprised if Bush would pull this awful lie off.

About a maniacal tyrant as prez, this is when you need to take a hard look in the mirror to guess who is the most tyranical of em all!!! Seems the phrase that Bush Junior said "those who arent with us are against us" would be a dead clue giveaway as to who is tha real terrorists aka those who are not of islam faith are infidels. Man, those to phrase equals the same to me, none is the wiser at all, either the faith ot the political propaganda.
miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote