View Single Post
Old 06-03-06, 06:55 PM   #15
miss_silver
Keebeck Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakonix
Saddam & Co. killed and tortured thousands, the morgue lists 780 in the article. I would still call it an improvement
I wonder how to phrased the thousands of death that Bush senior caused by his embargo since 1990. Could it be called a slight improvement? Yeah, a lot of ppl like to quote saddam and chem ali for their horrors but how many ppl can point at the US for killing thousand of childrens because of the lack of ressources the embargo caused.

Hell, I wonder why the UN recommended that Guantanamo bay must be shut down... Human rights violations? Torture? What about Abu Grahib prison and those soldiers that humiliated and tortured those iraqi prisonners? In my views, they are no better than Saddam and it's cohorts, they are even worse than them. But I reckon it's damned wrong when a leader does that to it's population but ok when the US army does it right? Or is it easier to turn a blind eye to your own troops wrong doing and blame the previous adm for the same action being taken place?

Beside, the US gov didn't give a flying fuck about Iraq since the gulf war, they were contended with the embargo. They started paying attention when Saddam decided to switch from petroUSdollars to petroeuro dollars. Iran is about to do the same thing, now they included them, along with Syria in the big great "Axis of Evil"

Jeebus, wonder how much kilo of shit must fall on someone head before they wake up and smell the bullshit.

Ever seen "Afganistan, the convoy of death"? it was on Passionnate eye (great docos every night on CBC) 2 years ago. It stated that hundreds of Taliban body were shot, execution style and burried in the desert by US soldiers. Saddam has his shitload of wrong doing to answer to but to say he killed so many, i'd take a hard long look in the mirror and reflect on how much the US gov killed Iraquies during the embargo up to the current occupation. The body count is much higher than anyone might expect but hey, it's not like the US gov would want this fact to be published on mainstream media.

LoL, i'm sure the king of cut and paste will manifest himself tomorrow with another clever cut and pasted article
miss_silver is offline   Reply With Quote