View Single Post
Old 05-03-06, 04:15 PM   #10
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

There is NOTHING that justifies the cruelty and brutality that Saddam and his sons inflicted on the Iraqi people.

Even freedom has responsibilities. If the Iraqis really want peace, they are going to have to stop the insurgency. They have freedom but don't know how to cope with it, such knowledge only comes from experience. Transition from a dictatorship to free republic will neither be instant nor orderly, and unfortunately not bloodless.

Transition to a free republic was certainly neither instant nor orderly nor bloodless for the United States. It could probably be argued that the process continues to date, with somewhat less expenditure of blood as differing viewpoints clash.

But, we have made some progress - you can offend the leader of the country and not get your tongue cut out, fingers chopped off, or head cut off.

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote