View Single Post
Old 26-01-06, 11:33 AM   #3
theknife
my name is Ranking Fullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinner
Maybe Bush should just say – “OK, the Democrats want us to stop intercepting communications; they want us to stop chasing the terrorists; they want to grant full legal access to the terrorists. well, if that's what they want fine, I've ordered all of the counterterrorism activities that they complain about stopped. I will also order any activity that they object to in the future stopped. Questions and complaints after the next terrorist attack should be referred to the DNC.”
you either don't understand the issues or you don't want to, and you would be singing a very different tune if a Democratic administration were conducting itself thusly..

the issue is adhering to the Constitution - there is no pursuit of terrorists that could not be accomplished within the framework of the existing pre-9/11 legal structure. the administration makes lots of noise about strict Consitutional constructionists, but then applies that doctrine very selectively.

the "Dems are soft on terrorists" mantra is how Bush apologists like yourself compensate for their eagerness to trade in their civil liberties for an illusion of security. why are righties such pussies?
theknife is offline   Reply With Quote