View Single Post
Old 22-11-05, 04:10 PM   #1
napho
Dawn's private genie

Default Dark Side Of The Moon Meets The Wizard Of Oz

Apparently fans synchronize the Pink Floyd album to the Judy Garland movie. For what reason I don't know. I mention this cuz I just saw the DVDRip posted.

Several years ago a rumor began to circulate about a strange connection between Pink ± ³³°°Û
Û°°³³ ± Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon (1973) and the MGM classic film The Wizard of Oz (1939). If ± ³³°°Û
Û°°³³ ± you properly synchronize the film and the album, as the rumor goes, a number of ± ³³°°Û
Û°°³³ ± coincidental events occur. So many, in fact that a large audience is convinced that Pink ± ³³°°Û
Û°°³³ ± Floyd intentionally created Dark Side of the Moon as an alternative soundtrack to the ± ³³°°Û
Û°°³³ ± film. Just to cite a few examples, side one of the LP is the same length as the first ± ³³°°Û
Û°°³³ ± black-and-white segment of the movie; "The Great Gig in the Sky" begins as the tornado ± ³³°°Û
Û°°³³ ± approaches Dorothy's farm, builds as the storm worsens, and slows when Dorothy is knocked ± ³³°°Û
Û°°³³ ± unconscious; "Brain Damage" plays as the Scarecrow sings "If I Only Had a Brain"; and the ± ³³°°Û
Û°°³³ ± album concludes with the sound of a heartbeat as Dorothy puts her hand on the Tin ± ³³°°Û
Û°°³³ ± Woodsman's chest.

http://members.cox.net/stegokitty/dsotr_pages/dsotr.htm
napho is offline   Reply With Quote