View Single Post
Old 30-04-04, 08:53 AM   #19
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally posted by tambourine-man
Point out where I propose denying some NFL cock-jockey his right to eulogise.
You point out where I said you did, I believe I was just asking you a question.......

Quote:
I assume you mean, 'Be my guest'...??? As you wish.

"Pat Tillman was an inspiration both on and off the football field. As with all who made the ultimate sacrifice in the war on terror, his family is in the thoughts and prayers of President and Mrs. Bush" - The POTUS

"The tragic loss of this extraordinary young man will seem a heavy blow to our nation's morale, as it is surely a grievous injury to his loved ones," - Sen. John McCain

"Pat Tillman is a great American hero in the truest sense." - Sen. Jon Kyl

"It will be important as time passes to think about what an appropriate commemoration is. Given the fact that he did this and didn't really want any press about it and wanted just to do it as the right thing to do it, he probably would be the last person who would want all the press attention paid to the fact that he gave his life in Afghanistan." - Gov. Janet Napolitano

"Tillman exemplified the sacrifice, selflessness and service of the U.S. military. Nowadays, genuine role models in professional sports are few and far between, but Tillman proved that there are still heroes in sports," - U.S. Rep. Jeff Flake

"A true American hero, like all the members of our Armed Forces serving in Afghanistan and Iraq. He died serving his country and defending all of us." - U.S. Rep. John Shadegg

More...???
How about these two...

"We must pay attention to the privacy and to the sensitivity of the families of the fallen, and that's what the policy is based on and that has to be the utmost concern." - Trent Duffy: White House Spokesman (reacting to photographs of soldiers caskets being released)

"We continually get feedback from families that this reflects their desires to maintain a degree of privacy." - Deputy Under Secretary of Defence John Molino (reacting to photographs of soldiers caskets being released)
Talk about misrepresenting......

About the people you quoted.....

Sen. John McCain represents the people of Arizona where Tillman played in front of thousands and thousands of fans, No state knows Tillman like the people of Arizona...esp the thousands of FootBall fans.....

Sen. Jon Kyl also elected by the people of Arizona and represents them...

Gov. Janet Napolitano of Arizona...again elected by the people of Arizona where Tillman played NFL Football.....

Guess who elected both U.S. Rep. Jeff Flake and U.S. Rep. John Shadegg.....Yep the People of Arizona....

Seems close to home if you ask me.....

What you think.....strawman????