View Single Post
Old 29-04-04, 01:50 PM   #17
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally posted by tambourine-man
I find it ironic (if not machiaveliian) that there appears to be a level of double standards going on here... hundreds of dead American soldiers are pouring back from Iraq (115 last month) and not a whisper... nothing. Nada. Instead, someone dares to take a picture of the caskets and gets fired.

No Shit there are double standards, welcome to planet earth. Not only in war but in everyday life, Princess Di dies in a car accident, good for all I care, but christ they still talk about it in the news, An actor gets caught drinking and driving it is national news. This is nothing at all new.

Quote:
This Tillman guy gets killed and he's 'a hero', 'a warrior' a 'true believer'. What a bunch of horse shit. As soon as a 'celeb' dies in action, the whole excuse for hiding coffins goes out the window, the politicos are clamouring to sing the man's praises: "He was an inspiration both on and off the football field. As with all who made the ultimate sacrifice in the war on terror, his family is in our thoughts and prayers" said Bush's statement... "I'm heartbroken... it's a heavy blow to our nation's morale, as it is surely a grievous injury to his loved ones" said Sen. John McCain, completely ignoring the fact that... remember children, "excessive press attention will only cause unnecessary suffering and pain for the bereaved families."

Ok, I only have heard NFL and football people talk about him, you saying they don't have the right too?, and at the draft they honored all those fighting and fallen hero's in Iraq and Afghanistan, they also had Marines there. This is news to some so if you can not deal with it then ignore it.

Quote:
I could list another 10 or 12 names of cringeworthy 'tributes' that represent nothing more than political double-standards.
Be my guess.....nothing new....from the past.....Vasily Zaitsev.....comes to mind....

Quote:
Fuck hero worshipping. Tillman might have been deluded enough to believe in a fool's errand, he might even be considered honourable in his ignorance, and I can certainly sympathise with his family, but the sycophantic and hypocritical ramblings of the tributes make me sick.
you make me sick and I guess maybe you just don't believe in anything as strongly as Tillman did. You think you are better then him? I can relate to him, maybe you just can not.

Quote:
The reality is that, sadly, Tillman was as expendable as 'the next man' in Iraq. See if you get half of the Senate making personal tributes to 'the next man' when he's killed.

No fucking chance.

We are all expendable...you think your government really cares about you? and yep...****Vasily Zaitsev****