View Single Post
Old 26-04-04, 01:47 AM   #11
Ice
Arggggghhhhhh!!!!!

Whilst driving home yesterday (From yet another of Ms Ice's frenzied shopping sprees.arrgghhh!!! ) there was an interview with some American reporter on the radio speaking about Mr Tillman.........whom it seems was also a personal friend of his.

Not knowing the first thing about the NFL I found the interview most interesting indeed. Not yet having read the link Napho provided and commenting on what I heard, it appears on the surface that Mr Tillman was in fact an extraordinary individual loyal to the core and as patriotic as can be. ( A fine quality to be proud of IMO ) This friend went on to say he (Mr Tillman) shunned publicity and felt that quote: Others are fighting for our country and I haven't done a dammed thing. To which he promptly packed his bags and joined the army. As has already been stated he turned his back on millions for his country.............What a guy he has my respect.

Never heard of Mr Tillman before yesterday It was also a special day of remembrance for Australian and New Zealand service men and women being our anzac day a day to remember those who lost there lives defending our principles and way of life.

We Will Remember Them.
Ice is offline   Reply With Quote