View Single Post
Old 09-02-04, 02:33 AM   #7
tambourine-man
BANG BANG BANG (repeat as necessary)

Mandatory voting would be an excellent idea, providing they took a lesson from Montgomery Brewster. I'd love to finally see the day when an election card has boxes for all the representative parties/individuals, then a box at the bottom that says:

"None of the above. Not a single one represents the best interests of my country, my person or even the cans of dog food in my cupboard"

Apathy and disillusionment with politics is entirely justifiable. The party syestem has served it's purpose and now hangs around like some greedy, obese, self-important and argumentative arse (with this analogy, you might want to imagine the left and right buttocks as the respective parties, with the bumhole being the 'portal of truth'. Ha ha... I'm making this analogy up as I go along... These buttocks have been clenched for quite some time in an effort to hold back the truth, and will soon lose their strength).

I love it when politicians ask the rhetorical question of why people 'fail' to vote? If ever there was a question asked, who's answer was so obvious and indicting, it's this one. Some people 'fail' to vote - others choose.

Long live bum cramps and leaky farts.

"I did not authorise the leaking of the name of David Kelly. Nobody was authorised to name David Kelly. I believe we have acted properly throughout" Tony Blair - July 22, 2003
tambourine-man is offline   Reply With Quote