View Single Post
Old 10-02-02, 10:14 PM   #20
Smoketoomuch
freak

When I finally got net connection in the dorm I copied three p2p progs from a friend of mine and I tried them all: LimeWire (1.6 I think), MyNapster, and WinMX. I stuck with the latter until I ran into morpheus.

Being fed up and pretty much sick of the "tradeonlys", I entirely switched to morph. I even tried KazAa for a few days, but didn'l like the colors. I only learned later about the spyware that it installed, but since I use Adware and RegCleaner regularly, found no traces of it. Then they nuked the forum.

To be honest, towards the end (meaning mostly december), I only used it because of its excellent forum. Files were harder and harder to get, and I uploaded 20 times as much as I managed to download.

Anyway, now I'm experimenting with eDonkey. That reminds me, that back in the old forum someone posted something like "Morpheus sucks, eDonkey rules". Before annoying the dude because of its manners, I decided to give it a try. Took 3 hours to share, and finally I ended up connected to one server with 20 users. So I removed it. Now that I gave it a second try, what I often read on Zeropaid and various forums applies. You have to learn how to use it efficiently. I said I'm not a "techie", however, it took me one day to do that. In combination with sharereactor and eDonkeyBot, I never realized that such selection of files is possible. If anyone interested, I might post about my experience with the donkey, maybe it can help someone.

Before that, I forgot to mention, I tried out the new "multiple-source downloads" LimeWire, which actually was a fake - by multiple they mean dl from one source at a time but if you get disconnected, another source (IF you are lucky) will take its place. Then I found XoloX (the ZP version), and began to like its clean interface, REAL multiple source downloads very much.

I read some really pessimistic posts about the future of morph, and I only want to add that I share that pessimism. When "share your creation, content, information and weknowwhat freely" begins to sound like "you can share them more freely if we can make a profit out of it" or "pay and share more freely" then I guess its time to move on. Not to mention that "shady" cloudload business. And as I said, I clang more to morpheus as its usefullness (meaning leech control, availability of files, search options, etc) would justify mainly because of some people associated with it.

That's all I guess.

Best wishes.

smoketoomuch
Smoketoomuch is offline   Reply With Quote