View Single Post
Old 01-02-04, 05:40 PM   #9
scooobiedooobie

Quote:
Originally posted by greedy_lars
did you even read it scoob?

you guys are so good at saying what an ass he is, but did you read the article i posted? find any truth in it at all?
ted rall is good at proving what an ass he is. if you can stomach ted rall, fine, no-ones trying to change your mind. and yes greedy, i read the article you posted. i've read most of his articles/cartoons...that's how my opinion of him was formed.

no, ted ralls point is not valid. it never is. when he’s not out-right lying, his articles are filled with sarcasm, inconsistencies, condescension, stupidity, and refusal to believe facts. he rants and raves at an administration that he would rather berate than understand.

Quote:
the PNAC/Paul Wolfowitz fantasy that we can force democracy on the Middle East is taking the US down a road with no end. while democratizing the Middle East is a laudable goal, it is also impossible...
we are not forcing democracy in the middle east. we are helping to instill it. democracy can't be imposed by force, but force can liberate people from tyrants who rule by force and threaten others. how about post-ww II germany and japan? we did not force democracy, we helped to instill it. was that “impossible” or a “fantasy”, as you put it. both countries were previously run by dictators. neither had a compelling history of democratic government.

the results were very good for the german and japanese people and for the world. the use of american military power was a necessary prerequisite. the people of iraq are like people everywhere. they love and deserve freedom and would prefer to rule themselves if given half a chance. american power can and will play an essential role in giving them that chance.

as president bush said, “the islamic terrorists view the rise of democracy in iraq as a powerful threat to their ambitions”. it will get worse if the coalition just pulls out, and that would be a moral and practical victory for islamic terrorists. if we left today, right now, without setting up some system of stability, we would have a repeat of history and a new saddam would emerge.
scooobiedooobie is offline   Reply With Quote