View Single Post
Old 03-08-04, 06:33 AM   #10
Maze
Rebel With A Cause

I really like your straightforwardness and honesty albed because those were my thoughts too. I thought maybe shortened or tightened up along with a new verse to pull the whole thing together ...wondered about strings or an orchestra in places too? ...appreciate your comments dude ...they were right on it.

One could say "Chrissy Hynde" with this song I suppose ...but back in the early 80's (god I wish I were 18 and 19 again) she was compared to Pat Benatar. Debbie & I and Pat lived in Richmond, Virginia at the time, and Debbie and Pat kind of "rivaled" a bit ...but Pat's truely gifted operatically trained voice won out as we have all seen. Who doesn't love Pat Benatar? Just listen to "You Better Run" & "Treat Me Right" ...(Debbie can cover those songs perfectly down to the last detail)...lol

It's funny, Pat Benatar and her husband have a close relationship and a close working musical relationship ...and so does my sister Debbie and her husband...

God bless the spiritual warriors in our world.

These days, Debbie is content to sell her songs to established artists. (I was surprised to learn she wrote the lyrics and music and performed these songs herself...all songs are copyrighted) She says it's too much work to go through hair & makeup & wardrobe and knock your ass off on the road goin' on tour not knowing where the hell you are and dealing with insincere slimy characters ...when she's so peacefully content in her beautiful home. Can't say I much blame her. (not to mention she saw MTV's attempts to turn Pat into a dancin' slut.)

In 1982 I had this career mapped out for Deb. MTV was just happening and I thought it'd be cool to have a Marilyn Monroe type in videos...then Madonna came along and did just about what I had in mind ...but Debbie is far prettier...the real thing ...It was wrong and unfair of me (something I learned and understand now) to try to push that on Deb ...it's not in her character ...she finds the whole thing too fake ...and has much larger plans ...she's out to save the world.

Can you hear an adoring brother here?...lol ...what can I say, I love my sister...always wished she could be recognized too. ...She's got it...in spades ...I'm going to do something with this! 'cause basically I think I'm P.T. Barnum at heart...lol

What you're hearing here I don't know quite how to classify...southern rock, easy listening, ballad? ...but you should hear her ROCK!

Here's a few other songs from Deb: (right click - save target as...on the titles)

An inspiritional thought for us all ...just let love guide us out of the darkness:
Walk On

The boyfriends Deb left in the dust. ...lol...she's as bad as I am.
Dust In My Tracks

Every girl on this earth has felt like this about a guy at one time or another. Debbie wrote this song for her husband Matt:
You Are The One

PS: I see only a few of my favorite posters. Come on guys...post ...it takes two seconds of yer time to make a girl feel good! (unless she insists on longer...LMAO) ...Šiego is right about me. (nuther thread) ... C'est la Vie
Maze is offline   Reply With Quote