Thread: tech help
View Single Post
Old 06-05-01, 07:32 PM   #1
rebel_mom
who's line is it anyways?

Default tech help

I swear I have a complete blank going here but I am having alot of trouble setting up a 486 and need some help.

Before I load the post with a ton of questions I know some deem a 486 not worth the effort but I have a ton of programs that require dos and all mainly kid games that don't require speed .

Just basically to use to type assignments and play math blaster and stuff.

I can not get the cd-rom to boot so I am wondering if there is a way to upgrade the cmos......it seems to reset itself and go to default every boot.

I tryed setting the hard drive up on my computer but I have scsi hard drives that I disabled but the hard drive is saying it has a third party cache(maybe not that specific line but a cache for sure)

ussually in the past on my other 486 a win98 boot disc was all I needed and that board never had a cd-rom boot either .

If some one has the time to help or steer me in a good direction I would appreciate. I have leant out all my older books to the people I help and haven't the heart to take them back while they are still needing them....not doing anymore tonight but plan to tackle it in the next few days thanks in advance,,,,,,,Rebecca
rebel_mom is offline   Reply With Quote