View Single Post
Old 15-05-01, 01:39 PM   #11
Ramona_A_Stone
Formal Ball Proof

Submitted for your approval, the infamous "Peter Principle," which postulates, among other human/cybernetic dynamics, that in evolution, systems tend to develop up to the limit of their adaptive competence, and in a hierarchically structured administration, people tend to be promoted up to their "level of incompetence."

An ancient and intimate understanding of the marriage of these principles with the statistical analysis above, it seems, may underlie the compassionate Japanese custom of Hara-Kiri. Although you don't see it much anymore, the vestigial memory of this is probably why the Japanese still maintain such an inter vivos advantage over Korporate Amerika, which is bereft of such open traditions of honorable checks and balances.

Of course, the marriage of these principles is manifest in all the frameworks of THE MESH itself, the very tension which anchors every crossed thread in the tapestry of Human interactions toward Corporate Ends. The greater the mass of a corporate venture, the more subordinate and hierarchically dependent, the more determined the process of individuation within. If, at the highest level, the Monkey must merely push a single Red Button to dose itself at will, then the impetus and sole consolation of existing within that system may be that one may openly aspire to this utter divestment of Humanity without incurring any but the most hypocritical inter-personnel judgements.

Anyway, the only thoughtful items I really had to contribute to this thread are two extraordinary manifestations of "inflated self-assesment," I came across recently which seem to illustrate these principles very dramatically, and I couldn't help but share them with you. The first is this remarkable human aquarium and the other is this critical support group also with its own forum.
Ramona_A_Stone is offline   Reply With Quote