View Single Post
Old 26-08-02, 02:08 PM   #10
zombywoof

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get 500 credits for only £4.99. This gives you either 500 streams, 50 downloads, or 5 burns a month.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With these limitations and a pricetag, its still hard to compare with unlimited access and unlimited burning.

if guaranteed high quality paid-for music could be downloaded cheaply and easily with extras such as artwork, tags and so on, then you'd be surprised how many people would choose this over hunting on various p2p networks for mp3s of sometimes dubious quality
I'm sure there is a market for it, but how big? As for the extras like artwork, they can be easily found on the internet at various sites.

The savviest p2p users might well prefer to get it all for free but I see no reason why the comfort & convenience seeking masses wouldn't pay something for a quality service with no artificial burn limitations etc.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe, but when you read into these services, thats what they offer...Burn limitations..Again thats a hard sell on what is currently out there on the net.

Again, this goes back to what I origionally said that unless the ISP's put the squash on filesharing thru p2p, I just don't see a viable market for pay services.

If the ISP's do put the clamp down and pay services dominate the web and they offer artwork, unlimited burns, reasonable download and cd costs and such, they might have something there with a pay service, although I would never buy into any pay service, weed out the casual or mainstream user and drive the hardcore downloader underground for their downloads..

Last edited by zombywoof : 27-08-02 at 12:44 PM.
zombywoof is offline   Reply With Quote