View Single Post
Old 05-11-06, 01:13 PM   #5
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Saddam’s fate is still uncertain. There is an automatic appeal (that has unlimited time) to review the case. If the death penalty is upheld, the execution must then be carried out within 30 days.

The verdict isn’t surprising. Saddam used chemical weapons against the Kurds and this is well known. Also well known is the savage brutality of Saddam and his sons against the Iraqi people.

Was Saddam’s trial a farce? I think so too. However, it could be argued that Saddam himself made the trial a farce with his frequent outbursts and dilatory tactics. The fact remains that the evidence against him was considerable and proved he is guilty of serious crimes against the Iraqi people. Farce or not, the outcome of the trial is consistent with the evidence - and the verdict is consistent with the crimes.

Saddam is Sunni, so the Sunni won’t like the verdict but the Shiites and Kurds are jubilantly celebrating.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15567363/?GT1=8717

I dedicate the moment with a song:
Booker T and the MG’s - Hang ‘Em High

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote