Thread: WinMX or what?
View Single Post
Old 28-02-02, 02:40 PM   #6
goldie
yea, it's me.

Default Re: WinMX or what?

Quote:
Originally posted by micksiemonsta
So im giving up with Morpheus. Next I guess is WinMx, is that the best - I read a lot of conflicting arguments. I need to update the top 50, R nB, Dance and Rock on a regular basis - will I get a fair crack with WinMX or what?

Cheers.
Micksie
Being an 2.6 user I can tell you personally that the P2P system is a horrid little bugger! #1 reason is the eternal, infernal queued status everyone complains about and I always find myself in if looking for songs.

I use Winmx 2.6 and now, 3.0 primarily for the Opennap servers out of curiosity and a bit of fondness for Winmx .

I believe, that once Winnie goes out of beta 3.0 and forces (nice word.....forces!) it's user base to upgrade, things will be much, much better - multi sourcing, more users to chose from etc., couple that with Opennap and I think they'll have a winner.

There's 1 or 2 real buggers in beta5 3.0 I don't like at all! Hopefully they'll straighten them out before the final release

Give it a whirl Micksie - you can't hate what you haven't tried, yes ? It won't foul up your system with unwanted/unneeded junk either

Don't feel bad about ditching morph, I'm doing some serious proggie shopping right along wit cha!

goldie is offline   Reply With Quote