View Single Post
Old 26-02-02, 02:27 AM   #19
Stoepsel
Waiting For The Night To Fall...

Quote:
Originally posted by Ethen
I am putting up a signature search page for movies, and one for music. I looked around, even the morph movie page, and nonbody has adapted the importance of signatures yet.
Hi Ethen,

JohnDoe345, the site owner, and I, one of the verifiers, are avid readers of this forum. So if people like you demand this feature often and loud enough , I'm sure JohnDoe can be persuaded to think about adding signatures in some way. Now that Indys sig2dat is so comfortable to use and can create signature files out of downloaded files without having to go to Morphs dbb files, you don't have to download your files using Morph. You can use any P2P client. I personally use iMesh most often because I don't lose downloads when it crashes (unlike with Morph).

Btw, iMesh can 'import' Morph's kazaadownload files. And I guess iMesh can also use the signature files that sig2dat creates. Have to give that a try today.
Quote:
I just want it where people can go to a page, enter in a movie name, and have the signature pop back up. simple and clean.
Since JohnDoe and the others of the Morpheus Info team don't have as much time on their hands as they would like, and probably lack the knowledge of doing a dynamically searchable database of movies (Morph Info is plainly a collection of static pages that JohnDoe updates manually), it will be hard for us to integrate something like that into Morph Info. But maybe you have some brilliant ideas? I could also imagine some sort of collaboration between the two sites, like us adding a 'Search for Signatures' that links to your database, or something.

I'll get into contact with JohnDoe about this and talk it through, that is if he doesn't read this first and adds some comments of his own.

Oh, and keep us informed about how you are getting along with your site. I'd be interested to see it work and how it works.

Stoepsel