Thread: Features I need
View Single Post
Old 29-05-02, 03:42 PM   #22
JohnDoe345
Who's really in control here? Help me...

Quote:
by goldenrod
Well, you broadband elitists will never have to worry about this 56ker attempting to grab a movie off the net.
Well GR, if I have anything else you want then I'll be happy to upload to you. I have a lot of respect for 56k users who share what they can on the network. I don't know about other broadband users but my view on all of this is to find a solution and work around this problem because it looks like 56k users will be apart of the network for a long time.

I forgot to mention that when I get a 56k user downloading from me all I do is just open another slot so that others can use my available bandwidth. So basically I start out with 2. If I get 2 broadband users then I leave it at that. If one or both slots get taken up by 56k users then I add more slots appropriately. I just wish that this process can be automated by the p2p program. I believe this would be a fair way to satisfy both the 56k users and broadband users.

Like TG's description of a fair leech control system mentioned awhile back, there needs to be a fair bandwidth control system. A system that can redistribute the available bandwidth depending on who is downloading from you so that no one is discriminated against. I've uploaded to many 56k users and will continue to do so. What I have described in my last post is only if I have a new popular movie which I would like to be spread quickly so that everyone can enjoy.
JohnDoe345 is offline   Reply With Quote