View Single Post
Old 18-11-04, 12:16 PM   #10
Sinner
--------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_silver
Not sure Js

Since the afgan & iraque invasion, it's clear the US is hellbent on securing the oil supply, what will be left for russia & china? India is prolly in the plot because the pakistan is also a lapdog of the Bush adm.

****NEWSFLASH****

Russia has the second largest oil reserves in the world. Saudia Arabia is first.

Quote:
Currently according to BP Statistical Review Russian has 60 billion barrels of proven oil reserves and natural gas reserves equivalent to another 280 billion barrels of oil. However, many analysts believe that if other Russian oil companies follow the suit and revise their reserves, this figure may go up to 180 billion barrels of oil.

--Paul Collison, global emerging markets oil and gas strategist at Brunswick UBS, are even more optimistic and “believe that by the end of the decade Russia will be proven to have 50 percent more hydrocarbon reserves than what Saudi Arabia has today”.

Also

During the past 50 years, China's oil and gas industries have attained rapid growth.

The country's output of crude oil reached 170 million tons last year from 120,000 tons in 1949, with an average annual growth of 13.8 per cent.

Yield of natural gas reached 35 billion cubic metres in 2003, increasing 15.7 per cent year-on-year.

There was also talk about a pipeline running from Russia to China before the Iraqi War. I don't know what has come out of it.

Saying the US is --US is hellbent on securing the oil supply, what will be left for russia & china?-- Is so wrong I don't know where to start, well I guess the quotes above are the tip of the iceberg.