View Single Post
Old 06-09-08, 05:47 PM   #10
daddydirt
even the losers

and when exactly in this thread did i say that they were different? that's right, never.

you speak so derogatively of McCain's ambition like it's a terrible thing. the point of entering an election is to win....and during that period all politicians change their positions many times and pander to certain groups in order to pick up votes. (yes, even your candidate does that)

McCain has been a member of congress for 26 years now, and there were many many occasions when he broke ranks with his own party or leaders of his party and took an opposing stance on an issue. Obama on the other hand was first elected to congress in 2004. As of today he hasn't even served 4 years yet, not one stinkin' term. And how many of those 4 years have been spent running for president?

By any stretch of the imagination he has almost no real experience, yet you want someone like that deciding domestic and foreign policy for the nation? Because he was against the war in Iraq first? That's it? When did he reach across the aisle to work with Republicans, and what gives you hope that he will in the future, because he says so? McCain's actual deeds have proved his willingness to work with the other side.

the only thing different about your candidate is the color of his skin. that fact alone almost makes me want to vote for him. unfortunately, everything else about him is the same old bullshit, so i must repectfully decline. and i certainly don't harbor any ODS.
daddydirt is offline   Reply With Quote