View Single Post
Old 17-01-04, 02:27 PM   #11
Drakonix
Just Draggin' Along

Quote:
Just remember that this is an infrared view, and dust is probably very effective at blocking heat. Actually, pretty much anything is. So that's why those hits look like explosions.
That's true, but.....

The weapon used is an M230 30 mm chain gun, and it fires projectiles that are explosive and designed to penetrate light armor. It shoots about 600 rounds per minute - ten shots per second. A 30 mm projectile is about 1.18 inches in diameter. If a human is struck by such a projectile, there is most likely going to be fragmentation of what used to be a living person. The M230 is also probably the lightest weapon the helicopter carried.

Combat weapons delivery footage is usually more appalling than appealing. The helicopter has to engage the target while watching out for shoulder-fired missiles and rocket propelled grenade launchers. Iraqi combatants would have no qualms about downing the helicopter if given the opportunity.

Unfortunately, there is only one way combat is won, you have to kill people and blow up things. It’s not like Quake 3 Arena where your character re-spawns somewhere in the arena after being fragged. That’s why war sucks. That’s why freedom is so precious - it’s price is spilled blood.

Edit - forgot the quote for relevance

I will never spend a another dime on content that I can’t use the way I please. If I can’t copy it to my hard drive and play it using the devices I want, when and where I want, I won’t be buying it. Period. They can all take their DRM, broadcast flags, rootkits, and Compact Discs that aren’t really compact discs and shove them up their bottom-lines.
Drakonix is offline   Reply With Quote