View Single Post
Old 05-02-02, 03:55 PM   #33
BuzzB2K
Just another cat on the FastTrack...

Question A Hoax???

Quote:
Originally posted by TankGirl
If this is not a hoax, it is worrying news... BUT the story is very vague, referring to unidentified 'secury experts' that had obviously contacted BBC News Online directly before publishing any details of their findings in security-related bulletins... and BBC's comment sounds odd and uninformed to say the least:"It's definitely an accident from Morpheus' side, probably a worm. This is very dangerous."

If there is anything real to it, we should know in a few days from more reliable sources.

- tg
I have mentioned some of these sources before, but there are some newer developements and a new link to a posting at Gnutella.com.

Well, as you can see at the attached links the PAUL-SARSFIELD posts are spreading around the various forums.
They are all copies of the same post I first saw at Zeropaid
The latest is at Gnutella.com - General Discussion: MORPHEUS SECURITY HOLE. -PAUL SARSFIELD- and is being debunked by KayaMan -MusicCity IRC Admin who is taking it rather personal...

Quote:
Subject: Re: MORPHEUS SECURITY HOLE. -PAUL SARSFIELD-
Date: February 5, 2002 @ 1:14 PM
The above post as " FROM: PAUL SARSFIELD, MORPHEUS"
is a FAKE being posted all over discussion boards by lamers attempting to defame MusicCity IRC Ops and the Morpheus Program itself. Pauls 'Gamer' real response can be seen here: www.gamerspage.com/morpheus.htm

-MusicCity IRC Admin
KayaMan
chat.musiccity.com/kaya.html
kayaman.net
P.S. Paul Sarsfield (Gamer) is one of the MusicCity IRC Ops (you can locate him in #help)

:smokin Buzz

P.S. I originally wrote this posting on onother another P2P Board and the Only bits of code to carry over correctly were the [b] & [quote]
BuzzB2K is offline   Reply With Quote