View Single Post
Old 22-05-07, 08:31 AM   #11
pisser
Guv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
I don't know, pisser, I'm lookin' at that map and I'm seein' a lot of green. Have a look at Arizona there, and New Mexico and California on either side of it. Arizona is dark green, the other two states are yellow and orange. You know why that is? Ya think maybe your state's high gasoline taxes have something to do with your state's high gasoline prices? Maybe you oughta be complaining more about Arnold than Bush.

Let's just wait and see what happens this summer with the economy and gas, etc.

However, I agree with you on the tax issue, entirely too much....can't say that Arnold could or would do much about it though....that's the realm of the dems, and always has been as far as California is concerned.

Our refining capacity sucks, and new refinery construction (ideas) just keeps getting blocked by dems and environmentalists.

Also, since we have the cleaner burning formula, that makes it more expensive.

Biggest problem is our geography, everybody has to drive if you want to go anywhere or do anything, and most people commute to work, our public transit just plain sucks, so we just have to take the hit with gasoline.

Albed would have you believe that I am suffering, quite the opposite, I can well afford gas and realistically, it is a small part of my expenses.

I bitch and moan about it for the masses, especially people making $7 and hour and having to commute 60 mile round trips, because living in the city where they work, they are unable to find affordable housing. Rents on a 2 bedroom apt. here run about $2000 a month. Do the math, they could barely afford to put food on the table after all the necessary expenses.

So albed, don't shed any crocodile tears for me, you ignorant ass sniffer.
pisser is offline   Reply With Quote